Volunteer Firefighter Information
Volunteer Applicant Information
Please note that Eastside Fire & Rescue will not be holding a Volunteer Recruit Academy during 2016 and are not accepting applications at this time.
Complete Driving Record
All applications must be submitted with a current Department of Licensing “complete driving record”. Applications submitted without a driving record will be denied. Driving records are at the applicant’s expense ($13). Visit the Washington State Department of Licensing online resource for more information.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Possess a high school diploma or completion of a GED
- You must live within our service area or live within 5 driving miles of one of our fire stations (View a map (PDF))
- You must be able to speak, write, and understand the English language
- You must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the United States
- You must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and a good driving record as required by Agency policy
- You must successfully pass the Agency’s pre-hire background, psychological evaluation, medical physical, and drug screen
Please review the Volunteer Firefighter Job Description (PDF) for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.