Reserve Firefighter Information
Application period for Reserve Firefighter is closed.
Reserve Firefighter Position:
The Reserve Firefighter program at EF&R offers the opportunity for those interested in a fire service career to gain valuable training and experience. Selected candidates shall receive EMT and Aid Car Academy certifications. At the completion of 2 years of service, EF&R will provide a Firefighter 1 Academy at no cost to the Reserve Firefighter.
Reserve Firefighters are assigned to an aid car crew at two EF&R reserve stations on a rotating shift (approximately 4 shifts per month). Reserve Firefighters may be affiliated with another fire department provided that they meet training and shift requirements. Reserve Firefighters are not required to live within EF&R boundaries.
Some of the advantages include:
1. Marketable training and experience
3. Reserve Firefighter incentive for career hiring process
4. Agency sponsored training to obtain a career in the fire service
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Washington driver’s license
- Insurable per EF&R Policy 2702 (linked below)
- Ability to meet EMT certification requirements per WA Dept. of Health (linked below)
Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in a written examination. Candidates with a passing score on the written exam will be invited to an oral board interview and physical capability test. Successful candidates shall complete a pre-employment background screening, psychological evaluation, drug screening, and medical/physical examination.
Important Documents to Review:
Reserve FF Application – Submit completed application to (no resumes please):
Human Resources Eastside Fire & Rescue
175 Newport Way NW
Issaquah, WA 98027
- Applications due: Friday, February 8, 2019 (CLOSED)
- Written Exam: Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Interviews and physical capability test: Saturday, February 23, 2019
- Estimated start date: April 2019